Sunday, September 12, 2010

The Zodiac gals












Back in early in May while I was eating dinner with all my friends in a wonderful family restaurant in Florence, I had the random urge to create a series of Zodiac characters, and suddenly began doing them on the spot. I did it just for fun to start, but now I am thinking perhaps they might look really nice if they get digitally colored in Illustrator and maybe even may be successfully licensed someday, as art postcards or be used in a real Horoscope column or on tshirts or something. Who knows? :) Something you may find interesting is that I base most of the characters at least subconciously somewhat on certain actual people I know of who either physically or personalitywise completely exemplify that sign. (Leo for instance, is a caricature of my artist friend Elena, who has light blonde hair, is sweet, mellow, and confident, and likes to outreach to those around her, all basic Leo traits.) There's only Libra, Gemini, Aries, Virgo, and Leo so far, but don't worry, I am working on the others! I think either Scorpio, Capricorn or Pisces is next. Depends on my mood. ;) In case you're wondering: I happen to be a Libra. ^^ Go Libras!!


















No comments:

Post a Comment